Just 9 Insightful Quotes On Gratitude For When You Need A Boost
Thankfulness may be the last thing on everyone’s minds right now , but keeping up the time-honored Thanksgiving tradition serves some benefits.
Research shows gratitude can reduce stress, improve sleep and more . It also can make you more emotionally resilient , which can help in the face of tough times.
Still not convinced it’ll give you a boost? Enter these legendary writers, who have some of the wisest words on cultivating an attitude of gratitude. The quotes are here to remind you that there’s so much in the world to appreciate ― and you’ll be healthier if you are able to do it.
Check out the sage insight below:
1. “This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
3. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” ― A.A. Milne
5. “Gratitude looks to the past and love to the present; fear, avarice, lust and ambition look ahead.” ― C.S. Lewis
6.(In other words, state your thanks out loud , write it down or tell your loved ones.)
7. “In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
9. “[For] love casts out fear, and gratitude can conquer pride.” ― Louisa May Alcott